This article was created in response to a support issue logged with K2. The content may include typographical errors and may be revised at any time without notice. This article is not considered official documentation for K2 software and is provided "as is" with no warranties.
This article has been archived, and/or refers to legacy products, components or features. The content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. Archived content is provided for reference purposes only. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
An error may appear when using a Task field
in a reminder email
On K2 Five, when a workflow uses the Task field properties in a reminder email, you may encounter any of the following errors:
- When running an instance of the workflow:
"ActivityInstanceDestination property not available on given context"
Please see this KB on the same error message.
- When deploying the workflow:
"The escalation action 'Task Recipient Email' on activity 'Task' cannot use the activity instance destination user because it is not available on Activity Level"
The following workaround is only applicable for K2 Five with FP 10 and older installed. The Task fields under the Context Browser is not available for usage from FP 11. Any issue reported with using the Task and Task User fields in notifications and reminder e-mails will be addressed on an upcoming version of the product.
Use the Set Data Fields step to map the Task field properties to Workflow Variables.
- Drag the Set Data Fields step on the same activity as where the Task is.
- Create new data fields for the Task field properties that will be placed inside the reminder email.
- Use the Variables under the Context Browser on the body of the reminder email.
- The instance will remain active until actioned. The destination user should be able to receive the reminder email after the period set has passed.