This article was created in response to a support issue logged with K2. The content may include typographical errors and may be revised at any time without notice. This article is not considered official documentation for K2 software and is provided "as is" with no warranties.
The user is denied access to create a package even though the user(s) have the required permissions to package and deploy. When trying to create a package an error message shows "Deny rights detected"
When you are trying to create a package in K2 Package and Deployment, the following error might appear:
"Error: Deny rights detected. Unable to continue.
You must have view rights to all objects in the system to perform packaging and deployment activities.
Contact a K2 Security Administrator to assist you in resolving this issue."
Please see screenshot below:
To resolve this issue, please complete these steps:
1. You will need access to the K2 Management portal and an Administrator account with full rights.
2. Navigate to Users and collapse it to see their roles.
3. Click Roles and view the main section of the screen. You should see the titles of the roles and descriptions. Below the title there is different roles and their descriptions e.g. "OAuth Notifications".
4. Next, navigate to Security Administrators and click on it. A sub-window (view) named Edit role will pop up, with an option to add a member.
5. Search or find the user you wish to give rights /permissions to.
6. When the user is found, click the add control which will add the user to the Security Administrators group.
7. Click ok to finish the assigning of roles.
8. Log out with the Administrator (Manager) account, refresh the Management portal and then login as the current user. The user will now have access to create a package.