K2 blackpearl 4.6.7 (4.12060.1590.0) allows for a clean install or upgrade of the latest product hotfixes, enhancements and new features, as detailed below.
The K2 blackpearl 4.6.7 Setup Manager is available as an independent installation package that can be downloaded from the K2 Partner and Customer Portal.
The following issues have been fixed and are contained within this update:
KB001589 – High Priority fixes for K2 blackpearl 4.6.7
New Features and Enhancements
K2 blackpearl 4.6.7 contains new features and enhancements to existing features. For more information, download the PDF from the link available on the right hand menu bar.
A list of some of the current known issues that you may encounter when using K2 blackpearl 4.6.7 is available in the Known Issues List.
This update includes the hotfixes included in previous K2 4.6 Updates, so there is no need to install the updates listed below. The following links are provided for reference to view the enhancements and resolved issues contained within the previous updates: KB001560 – Update K2 4.6.6 (4.12060.1560.0) KB001550 – Update K2 4.6.5 (4.12060.1550.0) KB001540 - Update K2 4.6.4 (4.12060.1540.0) KB001530 - Update K2 4.6.3 (4.12060.1530.0) KB001520 - Update K2 4.6.2 (4.12060.1520.0) KB001500 - Update K2 4.6.1 (4.12060.1500.0)
.NET Framework 4.5 required - The K2 Server (Host Server) has a dependency on .NET Framework 4.5 as a result of the change in the way claims functions. Ensure that you have .NET 4.5 installed on the server before upgrading to K2 4.6.7. The .NET Framework 4.5 installer can be located at:
- Package and Deployment - In this release K2 Package and Deployment has been included in the K2 blackpearl 4.6.7 installer and is no longer a separate installation. See the table below for how to upgrade or install this component.
||Clean K2 blackpearl 4.6.7 installation
||Upgrading to K2 blackpearl 4.6.7
|If Package and Deployment was not previously installed
||Package and Deployment will be installed automatically.
You will need to add the component after upgrading. To do so, follow these steps:
- Install K2 blackpearl 4.6.7.
- Run the Setup Manager from the blackpearl 4.6.7 source file ([blackpearl installation folder]/MSI/Installation/Setup.exe).
- On the K2 blackpearl Maintenance Setup Manager Wizard screen, select the ‘Modify K2 blackpearl’ option.
- On the Select Components screen, make sure the K2 Package and Deployment component is checked.
- Continue the setup management sequence as normal.
- The Configuration Summary screen will show all new services to be installed.
- If the Package and Deployment installation is successful, the Finished screen will be shown.
|If Package and Deployment was previously installed
||Package and Deployment will be automatically upgraded to the current version.
- Claims configuration– The claims configuration has been moved from the K2HostServerweb.config file to the K2 database. For clean installations the K2 Setup manager will configure your environment to run with claims and will enter the required configuration settings in the new database tables. See the K2 blackpearl Getting Started Guide for more information.
- HTTPS/HTTP - During the installation of K2 4.6.7 all K2 sites will be certified and configured to run as HTTPS or as HTTP. The K2 Workspace site can run as previously configured (HTTP) or it can run as a certified site (HTTPS). When using the K2 installer to create your sites, both HTTP and HTTPS will be setup and created with certificates generated by K2. Upgrades will use previously setup bindings, with the user having the ability to choose which bindings must be configured for K2.
- Behavioral change: Changes have been made in the SmartObject Service Broker that will affect all services that return a decimal or float as a result. Previously, all decimals were converted to a float, but this caused precision issues. The issue applies particularly to the SQL Server Service which is a native integrated service that returns decimal or float values (table, view or stored procedures), but may affect other Service Instance types (non SQL, like WCF endpoint broker) that also return a decimal or float in the result. The decimal value is now the correct type providing the required accuracy. The resulting datatable’s value type has been changed from a float to a decimal. When comparing strings, an error could occur or the result was incorrect, for example 0.1 (Decimal type) is equal to 0.100000 (Decimal type), but 0.1 (String type) is not equal to 0.100000 (String type). If decimals in SmartObjects are treated as strings in your current environment, for example when a compare inline function or custom APIs that use the SmartObject API to check for a returned value has been used, on upgrading to K2 4.6.7 you should check that the returned value still matches.
- Behavioral change: The LDAP path entry LDAPPath=LDAP://DC=[PARENTDOMAIN],DC=[PARENTDC]; is no longer required in the RoleInit role provider section of the security label in the HostServer database. It is only required in the DataSource path of the RoleInit. When upgrading to K2 4.6.7 the entry will persist but will be ignored by the system. Any new security label configurations do not require the entry and should resemble the following:
DataSource Path="LDAP://DC=DENALLIX,DC=COM" NetBiosName="DENALLIX"/>
NetBiosName="K2WORKFLOW" UserName="Domain\Name" Password="xxx"/></
A user name and password can now be added to the RoleInit in the SecurityLabels table in the HostServer database which will allow for connection to a domain that is not trusted. Note that because there is no trust with the domain, a Host and a Port can be added to the DataSource Path if necessary and can be the FQN or an IP address.
"K2WORKFLOW" UserName="Domain\Name" Password="XXX"/></
- There is one installer that will facilitate the following:
Upgrades:The following versions of K2 can be upgraded to K2 4.6.7:
- For customers who already have K2 blackpearl 4.6 installed, download and install this update from portal.k2.com.
- For customers who do not have K2 blackpearl installed, download the installer from portal.k2.com.
- K2 blackpearl 4.5 (4.10060.1.x)
- K2 blackpearl 4.6 (4.12060.x.x)
- K2 blackpearl 4.6.7 RC (4.12060.0.0)
- K2 blackpoint 4.6.4 (4.12060.1540.0)
Refer to the K2 4.6.7 documentation available in the installation package or on Help.K2.com for detailed installation instructions.
The K2 4.6.7 installation package must be installed by running the K2 Setup Manager (K2Setup.exe) found within the package.
Ensure that you have the correct permissions to run the install to avoid installation issues. For the correct installation permissions refer to the installation and setup guide.
After the K2 Setup Manager finishes, if K2 for SharePoint 2013 in SharePoint 2010 Mode was selected the K2 for SharePoint Configuration wizard will run and must be allowed to complete to fully update the K2 features in SharePoint with any changes. If the K2 for SharePoint Configuration wizard is not run, the update will not be installed properly and your K2 installation will not function correctly. Note: the K2 for SharePoint 2013 in SharePoint 2010 mode is only intended for backwards compatibility and is not required to build native K2 for SharePoint 2013 solutions.
- If you are currently on Windows Server 2008 R2 you will be required to upgrade to Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 when upgrading to K2 blackpearl 4.6.7
- The K2 Server (Host Server) requires .NET Framework 4.5. Ensure that you have .NET 4.5 installed on the server before upgrading to or installing 4.6.7.