The “HTTP Error 405 - The HTTP verb used to access this page is not allowed.” typically occurs where ASP.NET is not installed on the IIS Server.
To add ASP.NET on the IIS server please follow the steps below.
- Go to Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs
- Click on Add/Remove Windows Components, double click on the Application Server component.
- Ensure that the following components is selected and installed as listed below:
Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Common Files
- FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions
- Internet Information Services Manager
- SMTP Service (Optional)
- World Wide Web Service. Note that the World Wide Web Service has multiple sub items, only select the World Wide Web Service sub item