Where two server entries are present in the _ServerTable; the Host Server that is running, will try to connect to the other server entry. If this server is no longer valid, the entry should be manually removed. The Running flag in the _ServerTable will be updated by the server corresponding to the name in the ServerName column. This flag is only an indication if the server is running. It therefore cannot be used to disable a server.
The following error messages apply to this article:
- The error is generated form the clustering code (Error 28039)
- Unable to Connect to [Server Name]
The error can be reproduced using the following steps:
- Run reconfiguration in K2 setup
- The old server name was still in the _server table and the new server name was added
- The old server name's running state was false and the new one true
- When starting the K2 Server you will get the error "Unable to Connect to [Old Server Name]”
If this server is no longer valid, the entry should be manually removed.