This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
When the contents of data fields (process level or activity level) of type decimal or type dateTime, set for data on demand are retrieved the returned value(s) are not an exact copy of the data field's contents but erroneous data is returned.
When at runtime a process with (process or activity) data fields of type decimal or type dateTime returns data from one of the mentioned data field types, the data returned would not be an exact copy of the source data field but would be erroneous data.
If the field was of type dateTime, an error would be thrown immediately as the returned data would not be of the right type. However, if the process was started pre K2 blackpearl 0807 + KB 450 and the field is of type decimal the returned value may be a valid decimal which would not necessarily throw an error and the erroneous data may be used to complete the task assigned for the activity. This does create the latency that if the decimal value was used in calculations, the resultant of the calculation would be incorrect. If this has taken place, the system Administrator must contact support so that the issue can be reviewed to recover, where possible incorrect data.
- Create a process which includes process or activity level data fields of type dateTime or decimal that are set for data on demand. These fields could have initial values assigned to them
- The process contains a client event, or
- A client event with a website (using this method is easiest to detect the problem)
- Deploy and start an instance of the process
- Save a value into these data fields (if the datafield has an initial value this is not necessary)
- Upgrade to K2 blackpearl 0807 + KB000450
- Open the worklist item after the upgrade which then loads the data fields’ values
- When the worklist item opens and loads the data fields, the following outcomes can be expected
- The decimal value will show the incorrect value, and
- when loading the dateTime field, an error will be thrown
|Note: If point 6.1 has been experienced by your system this does create the potential problem that if the decimal value was used in calculations, the resultant of the calculation would be incorrect. If this has taken place, the system Administrator must contact support so that the issue can be reviewed to recover, where possible incorrect data.|
This issue will be resolved in a future hotfix release.