PDF rendering issues may occur when system resources that were available during the design of a K2 smartforms' PDF are no longer available due to authorization or environment change issues.
The K2 smartforms PDF Control renders the PDF from information stored in the K2 SmartObjects. External information, like stylesheets and images, may be missing if access to those resources are not available at the time that the PDF is built. Authentication and other environment issues may therefore cause the resulting PDF to be rendered incorrectly.
- Disable IE Enhanced Security Features - deselect 'Enable Enhanced Protected Mode' in Internet Options.
- Add the website to the trusted sites for the K2 blackpearl service account.
- Check the proxy settings for the K2 service account’s browser (usually you should disable the proxy or add a bypass for the K2 smartforms sites).
- If SmartForms runs on the same computer, add the site to the hosts file entries (Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts, add the friendlyname.com etc. to 127.0.0.1)
- For SSL configurations, disable the following IE Internet Options
- Block unsecured images with other mixed content
- Check for publishers certificate revocation
- Check for server certificate revocation*
- If SmartForms is configured to use more than one different runtime URL in K2 smartforms 1.0.4 or higher, and one of the runtime sites does not correctly render a PDF, add the following key to the web.config file for the K2 smartforms runtime URL that renders incorrectly, using the base URL for that runtime environment in the value property.
<add key="Forms.Controls.SaveAsPDF.BaseURL" value="http://your.base/url/"/>
To modify the settings for the service accounts browser it is better to remote login to the computer as the service account and not do a 'run-as' (there are some side-issues avoided by doing this with the user profile for the service account).