This article has been archived, and/or refers to legacy products, components or features. The content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. Archived content is provided for reference purposes only. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
After upgrading to K2 blackpearl 4.7, an IOException error occurs when deploying a package containing a Workflow with a Hebrew name. An error occurs stating: “System.IO.IOException: I/O error occurred”.
“System.IO.IOException: I/O error occurred”.
When a package filename uses ibm437 encoding to create the filename, this converts certain Non-English characters to question marks. On deployment when trying to locate the workflow with the Non-English name, the file cannot be found due to the name being replaced with question marks.
- Create a workflow in K2 Designer for Visual Studio where the workflow name contains a Hebrew name.
- Design and deploy the workflow.
- Package the workflow using the K2 Package and Deployment MMC tool.
- Notice the IOException error on deployment.
ibm437 changed to UTF-8 to ensure the filename stays the same as the workflow name.
- Ensure you have K2 4.7 installed.
- Install the K2 4.7 February 2017 Cumulative Update.
- Get the K2 4.7 February 2017 Cumulative Update FP1 from Regional Support.
- Install K2 4.7 February 2017 Cumulative Update FP1 to apply the fix.