On the Default Client Event, if multiple outcomes are added manually an error occurs when adding the second manual outcome.
Error message: An item with this display name already exists within this container.
The DisplayName for outcome items were not set when adding it to the UI.
- The first outcome was auto-generated with a valid displayname (equal to its name).
- When adding a new outcome, the name was saved as specified in the UI, but the DisplayName was still set as the default OutcomeItem.
- Adding an additional outcome, failed with the specified error because it had the same default displayname of OutcomeItem.
- Open K2 Studio.
- Create a project.
- Create a new process.
- Drag a Default Client Event onto the canvas.
- Select Next on the Event name and forms page.
- Select Next on Event notification.
- Select Next on Configure Actions to generate a default action.
- Notice the outcome generated based upon the action.
- Add a second outcome on the Configure outcomes page.
- Add a third outcome on the Configure outcomes page.
- The error “An item with this display name already exists within this container” occurs.
- Ensure you have K2 4.7 installed.
- Install the K2 4.7 February 2017 Cumulative Update.
- Get the K2 4.7 February 2017 Cumulative Update FP4 from Regional Support.
- Install the K2 4.7 February 2017 Cumulative Update FP4 to apply the fix.
- Clear the Browser cache.