Deployment fails for a workflow created in K2 Studio where an Item Reference property was used in another event.
On deployment, an update event is triggered in the project. The UI references a change event for the GUID property to update the UI when the value changes. The UI was waiting for the build to finish, but the Build was waiting for the UI to update the property which in turn caused a deadlock.
- Open K2 Studio.
- Create a new workflow.
- Add “Create Reference” event and point it to a SmartObject.
- Add a SmartObject event, use one of the Item Reference Return Properties as input for the SmartObject.
- Deploy the workflow.
- The deployment hangs on the compiling progress bar.
- Ensure you have K2 4.7 installed.
- Install the K2 4.7 February 2017 Cumulative Update.
- Get the K2 4.7 February 2017 Cumulative Update FP4 from Regional Support.
- Install the K2 4.7 February 2017 Cumulative Update FP4 to apply the fix.