K2 connect 4.7.2 allows you to perform a clean install or upgrade a previous version.
You can download the K2 connect installation package from the download’s page available on the K2 Partner and Customer Portal site. See the Installation details below for more information.
Enhancements and bug fixes
The following enhancements and bug fixes have been made in this release:
- After upgrading to K2 connect 4.7.1 it was not possible to publish service objects using Visual Studio due to a "Time out has expired" error. K2 has reduced the number of calls to SQL to populate service objects which resolves this issue.
- The following enhancements address a K2 connect service error after upgrade and a RFC_COMMUNICATION_FAILURE error due to a connection loss:
- Updated support for Sbyte type
- Added communication failure retries
- When installing K2 connect in a K2 cluster configuration the local server name was used instead of the cluster FQDN.
- Updated the ERPConnect version to ERPConnect 5.
- K2 connect uses the new long format licensing key which is compatible with existing short keys.
Important Considerations and Behavioral Changes
- From K2 connect 4.6.11 (4.10060.870.0) onwards, the SAP NetWeaver RFC libraries are required. The DLLs are not redistributed by SourceCode Technology Holdings, Inc. and must be obtained from services.sap.com. Once downloaded, you must copy the new NetWeaver RFC libraries to the correct system folders. The .zip files for each architecture (32 and 64-bit) contain four files, all of which are necessary.
The 32bit files - copy to c:\Windows\SysWOW64
The 64bit files - copy to c:\Windows\System32
- In K2 connect 4.6.10 or later, the installer includes the necessary ERPConnect DLLs. For new installations, it is no longer be required to install ERPConnect before installing K2 connect for SAP. For upgrades, there is no need to upgrade the ERPConnect software as the new K2 connect installer does this for you.
- The installer updates both K2 connect 32-bit and 64-bit installations. One installer is used for new installations as well as for upgrades. When performing an upgrade, the current K2 connect version is uninstalled followed by the installation of the new version. Your existing settings are retained such as the K2 connect license key, however, it is important to select the correct database during installation.
This update includes all new features and hotfixes included in the previous K2 connect updates, so there is no need to install the updates listed below. The following links are provided for reference to view the new features, enhancements, important considerations and resolved issues contained within the previous updates:
KB000890 – K2 connect 4.7.1 (4.10060.890.0)
KB000880 – K2 connect 4.6.7 (4.10060.880.0)
KB000860 – K2 connect 4.6.11 (4.10060.870.0)
KB000850 – K2 connect 4.6.10 (4.10060.850.0)
KB000800 – K2 connect 4.6.9 (4.10060.800.0)
KB000750 - K2 connect 4.6.5 (4.10060.750.0)
KB000710 - K2 connect Update KB000710
KB000705 - K2 connect Update KB000705
KB000700 – K2 connect Update KB000700
KB000691 - K2 connect Update KB000691
KB000674 - K2 connect Update KB000674
There is one installer package for K2 connect 4.7.2 available for download from portal.K2.com used for both upgrades and clean installs.
- For customers who already have K2 connect installed, download the package and install this update.
- For customers who do not have K2 connect installed, download the package and follow the Setup Manager wizard.
If you were previously on K2 connect 4.6.11 (4.10060.860.0) or earlier the following upgrade steps are required:
- Download the new SAP Netweaver FRC Libraries from services.sap.com.
- Copy the dlls to the relevant directories. The zip files for each architecture (64 and 32 bit) will contain four files. All four files need to be copied to the following locations:
The 32bit files go to c:\Windows\SysWOW64
The 64bit files go to c:\Windows\System32
- Download K2 connect 4.7.1 and install.
- Apply the K2 connect license key.
- K2 blackpearl 4.6.11, 4.7 or 4.7.1
- SAP Netweaver RFC Libraries
The installer updates both K2 connect 32-bit and 64-bit installations, and is used for new installations and upgrades. When performing an upgrade, the current K2 connect version is uninstalled followed by the installation of the new version. Your existing settings are retained such as the K2 connect license key, however, it is important to select the correct database during the installation.
The K2 Setup Manager guides you through the install.