This article has been archived, and/or refers to legacy products, components or features. The content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. Archived content is provided for reference purposes only. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
The AutoComplete control does not use strict validation and allows you to insert a value that does not exist from the list of available values. Functionality has been added to configure the behavior of the control to either use strict validation or allow a user to enter a non-existing value. This can be done by adding a key to the K2 smartforms Designer and Runtime web.config files, see the considerations section for steps on how to add or use the key.
- Ensure you have K2 4.7 installed.
- Download and install the K2 4.7 August 2017 Cumulative Update from K2 Partner and Customer Portal.
- Get the K2 4.7 August 2017 Cumulative Update FP14 from Regional Support.
- Install the K2 4.7 August 2017 Cumulative Update FP14 to apply the fix.
To use strict validation with the AutoComplete control, follow the steps below after installing K2 4.7 August 2017 Cumulative Update FP14:
- Browse to the following location in the SmartForms design time and runtime sites:
- [INSTALLDIR]\K2 smartforms Designer
- [INSTALLDIR]\K2 smartforms Runtime.
- Edit the web.config files.
- Add the following key under the App Settings section in each web config:
<add key="ControlPack.AutoComplete.KeyStrictValidation" value="true" />
If this key is not added to the AutoComplete control the control will continue to behave without strict validation. When the key is added and the value is set to false, the control will also behave without strict validation.