A workflow deployment error occurs when a parameter on a list method is used as an input on a SmartObject step and a property from that list method is used from the context browser on another workflow step.
The following error occurs: “One of the properties in the activity: “[activity name]” located in the event “[event name]” is pointing to an external reference that does not exist”.
- Ensure you have K2 Five (5.1) installed.
- Download the K2 Five (5.1) FP14 from K2 Partner and Customer Portal.
- Install the K2 Five (5.1) FP14 to apply the fix.
- You need to clear the browser cache.
- Click on the workflow step which caused the deployment to fail. Ensure the load completes.
- Deploy the workflow.