When you create a custom assembly and register a new Endpoints Assembly service instance, after generating a SmartObject and executing the method to return a list of decimal values, an error occurs.
The following error occurs: “Arithmetic overflow error converting numeric to data type numeric”.
- Ensure you have K2 Five (5.2) installed.
- Download the K2 Five (5.2) FP34 from K2 Partner and Customer Portal.
- Install the K2 Five (5.2) FP34 to apply the fix.
- Edit the Endpoints Assembly service instance.
- Change the decimal precision value to “30,8”. The default value is “23,9”. This is relevant to Endpoints Assembly as well as Endpoints WebService.
- Refresh the Service instance.
- For reference on which precision would be best to use, go to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/t-sql/data-types/precision-scale-and-length-transact-sql?view=sql-server-2017