When you remove a User Task from an Activity that has a SmartObject step in a K2 Workflow, and the User Task had a deadline outcome set configured, an error occurs when you deploy the workflow.
The following error occurs: “The "SmartObject Method" step's, Deadline tab requires one or more Task Results fields”.
The fix is available in the following K2 versions:
|K2 4.7 December 2019 Cumulative Update
||K2 Five (5.0) December 2019 Cumulative Update
||K2 Five (5.1) November 2018 Cumulative Update
||K2 Five (5.2) May 2019 Cumulative Update
||K2 Five (5.3)
||Fix Pack 38
- Ensure you have the correct K2 version and/or Cumulative Update installed. See KB001893 to see what Fix Pack level you have installed.
- Download the latest Fix Pack using the links in the table above for the version you require.
- Install the Fix Pack to apply the fix.
After installing the Fix Pack, follow steps below for workflows in broken state:
- Add a Task step to the multi-step.
- Add the Actions as previously configured for the validation to complete.
- Then delete the Task step to remove the Deadline tab configuration errors.
- If the Task step is required, add the Task step again and configure with requirements.
- Deploy the K2 Workflow.