This article was created in response to a support issue logged with K2. The content may include typographical errors and may be revised at any time without notice This article is not considered official documentation for K2 software and is provided "as is" with no warranties.
When opening K2 Studio, you receive an error similar to the following:
"Root Element Missing."
- You are unable to open K2 Studio.
- An XML error appears when accessing K2 Studio.
To resolve this please do the following:
- Ensure that K2 Studio is closed.
- Rename the K2StudioProfileConfiguration.config file in C:\Users\YourAccount\AppData\Local\SourceCode Technology Holdings, Inc\K2\K2studio to config.bak
- Open K2 Studio again, this should recreate the file.
- If this doesn't work, check if the file is properly formatted. (Make a copy and rename the copy to .xml, see if IE renders it without XML formatting errors.)