This article was created in response to a support issue logged with K2. The content may include typographical errors and may be revised at any time without notice This article is not considered official documentation for K2 software and is provided “as is” with no warranties.
The K2 Setup Manager gets stuck at the Exchange Server Configuration:
"Validating. Please wait."
The Setup Manager will still perform validation even though no Exchange server details were provided.
Below are the options you may try to get past the issue:
- Skip validation on Exchange and SmartActions
- Open cmd as administrator
- Change the directory to the installer files where the setup.exe is located
- Run the following: setup.exe /noval
Kindly refer to this documentation
on options you can pass to the Setup Manager.
- Set SMTPtimeout value to 0
- Open product.config inside the installer files
- Look for:
- Set the value to 0:
<setting key="SMTPtimeout" value="0" />
- Save the file
- Run the Setup Manager
For both options, please ensure that the MSMQ service is running.