This article was created in response to a support issue logged with K2. The content may include typographical errors and may be revised at any time without notice This article is not considered official documentation for K2 software and is provided “as is” with no warranties.
When opening K2 Designer, it displays the error message:
"Could not load file or assembly 'K2Field.K2Forms.Controls.SetLanguage' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified"
This error means that it is looking for an assembly which exists in the Language pack provided by the K2 Community, which means you have downloaded and installed this tool from K2 Community in your environment: http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Multilingual/ba-p/1049
Please note that the community downloads are provided by the community members and fall outside of the scope of support.
Please follow the steps below to resolve this issue:
1. Go to the downloaded package (multilingual_1.91)
2. Copy K2Field.K2Forms.Controls.SetLanguage.dll from : \multilingual_1.91\K2Field.K2Forms.Controls.SetLanguage\K2Field.K2Forms.Controls.SetLanguage\Controls\bin\Debug
3. Paste the file in:
- Program Files(x86)]\K2 Blackpearl\Smartforms Designer\bin\
- Program Files(x86)]\K2 Blackpearl\Smartforms Runtime\bin\
4. Perform an IISRESET
5. Clear browser cache and check to see if the error is resolved.