This article was created in response to a support issue logged with K2. The content may include typographical errors and may be revised at any time without notice. This article is not considered official documentation for K2 software and is provided "as is" with no warranties.
Form(s) with a PDF Converter control stopped working correctly after the upgrade - PDF files are created with a grayed out form and a visible spinner when run by any user except for primary K2 administrators.
- The issue started after the upgrade
- You upgraded from a version older than 5.1, to 5.1 or a newer version of K2 (4.7 to 5.3)
- PDF conversion does not work correctly for all users except for primary K2 administrators.
Make sure that the PDF Converter SmartObject has inheritance settings enabled and its permissions are correctly configured. To do that, please follow the steps below:
- Navigate to K2 Management > Categories > System > Controls > Save as PDF > PDF Converter > Security tab
- Click on the "INHERIT PERMISSIONS..." button. After that Everyone will be configured as follows (if not consider adjusting permissions):
- View: Inherited Allow;
- Modify: Inherited Allow;
- Delete: Inherited Allow;
- Security: None
That should resolve the issue for Google Chrome users, but IE users may still experience issues until they clear up browser cache/IIS cache is cleared up. You may want to additionally clear up IIS cache by means of an IIS reset. If you still observe this issue follow the following steps:
1. Clear server side cache:
- Stop K2Server
- Stop IIS: Run "iisreset /stop"
- Start K2Server
- Start IIS: Run "iisreset /start"
2. If the issue still persists for some IE user(s) after performing step 1 above - use Ctrl + Shift + Del to invoke the IE clear cache dialogue. Clear the cache and restart the browser.